Mmmmm just reading the title makes me excited.
This weekend I somehow had a bee in my bonnet for two things. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies, and Beignets.
I'm a big fan of dense fudge like brownies as opposed to cake like brownies and I found an a-MAZING recipe on the Food Network. These did not disappoint, they were rich and fudgey and dense!
For the Cookie Dough I added Dark Chocolate Chips and Butterscotch Chips:
Yes...it's true the recipe has Chopped Chocolate in the mix along with the cocoa powder!
Just pour the brownie mix into your pan and press the cookie dough all around the brownies!!
Now onto the Beignets! I think what happens with me is I hear something or think about something randomly...and I can't stop thinking about it until I just make it.
They can be a little tricky, and some tips I will give EVERYONE who would like to make them:
1. Let your mix sit in the refrigerator for a good 24 hours.
2. Don't be tempted to roll your dough too thin. It's not meant for a pie!
3. Do not reuse dough. I.e. roll it back up and try to re-roll pieces you don't like.
4. Roll the Beignets out and let them sit for about 15 mins while your oil heats up.
5. Make sure your oil is at 350 degrees F. Buy a thermometer if you do not have one.
6. To see if your Oil is at the right temperature test it by adding a small off shaped piece. It should float to the surface of your oil within 5 seconds. If it does not your oil isn't hot enough.
Oooh Golden Brown Goodness!
I sprinkled them with Powdered Sugar I mixed with Cinnamon!! Mmmm
Oh Em Gee Best Unicorn Giveaway Ever
14 hours ago